Sunday, May 13, 2007

A Golden Journey

When you think of sport, what fields come to mind? Rugby, tennis, soccer, golf? When the Commonwealth of the Olympic Games come around some ancient sports come into focus such as discus, hammer throw, cycling and weightlifting. Commonwealth gold medallist and Team Mannatech veteran Deborah Lovely, has tried her hand at all the eight sports just listed and excelled at every one of them.

The Team Mannatech committee finally met Deb at the August Team Mannatech DVD filming in Sydney.
"Hi, I'm Deborah Lovely, Olympic weightlifter and Commonwealth Games Champion,' Deb casually announces, "I've had the fantastic opportunity of being a sponsored athlete with Team Mannatech now for almost three years." It must be emphasised that Mannatech is only one of Deb's sponsors, but by the way she readily responds to requests and how heavily she endorses Mannatech's products one would think Mannatech was her only sponsor.
"Team Mannatech has helped me reach a high standard including two World Championships, two Commonwealth Games and the Athens Olympic Games,' Deb states. "Weightlifting is an extremely demanding sport, I train up to ten times a week, involving around thirty-five hours. Mannatech products give me the endurance throughout training sessions, and I've been able to maintain a really heavy training load, training back to back, morning to night.
"After hip surgery in 2003, the surgeon actually told me not to lift again. I believe Mannatech's products played an extremely big part in my recovery,"Deb reflects.
At the last Melbourne Commonwealth Games Deb come out with a 'lovely' gold medal.
But what is Deb Lovely's focus now, what are her future goals? Without hesitation she confirms weightlifting is her focus and her future goal is Beijing, Beijing and Beijing! There's no doubt Deb will fulfill this goal - Australia and Mannatech will be there for her every exciting step of the way.

No comments: